Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Meet Munchkin Lucy!

So here goes nothing! This is my very first blog post ever! Let me first introduce myself. I'm Nancy, a 23 year-old animal lover, music festival enthusiast, and foodie! I am most passionate, however, about my little munchkin Lucy (or Lucille as my sister calls her)! She has many, many pet names as you can imagine. All my life I have loved little furry creatures (and non-furry ones for that matter). I have had many different pets throughout the years: everything from fish, two parakeets, two Beagles, a cat named Ralphie (who resides at my parents' house), and of course my dog Lucy. 

I first met Lucy at Cobb County Animal Control (the pound). Don't ask me why or how I ended up at the pound, but I was honestly in no position to be getting a dog. However, I was just devastated when I saw how many animals were in need (especially all the pit bulls)! It just broke my heart. I took several out into the bonding rooms, but when I met Lucy I just instantly fell in love. I wanted to adopt her right away. She wasn't up for adoption yet though; all dogs that come in must stay there for a week to give owners the chance to come reclaim their pet. So I did the next best thing. I put my name on the waiting list to be first in line to adopt her.

Lucy at the pound (with my friend Daisy and her niece)


That was one of the longest weeks of my life. In the mean time, I had my boyfriend and friend come look at her. Since I lived at home at the time, I was hoping my boyfriend would fall in love with her and let me keep her at his townhouse. He told me no of course, but I had already fallen in love with her sweet personality. So when I was finally able to adopt her, I made sure I was right on time to get her. Much to my dismay I was not able to pick her up. I had to come back the next day because she had to get spayed. Have I already told you I am impatient?

So once I picked Lucy from the pound, I headed to Petsmart to get her collar, leash, food, etc. Then came the real test: surprising my boyfriend with her. He was there when I got to his house. Let's just say I did not receive the response I was looking for. He was furious! And I was extremely upset. Even though I did not officially live there, I thought he would let me keep her. Keeping her at my parents house was not an option (and I had my cat there already). So I did what any normal person would do and got a place of my own! My boyfriend gave me two weeks to stay there. I did ending up finding a place, which was no easy feat mind you. And it was one of the best decisions I have ever made!

Notice a much happier and filled-out pup!



2 comments:

  1. When I get my own pet I'll definitely adopt too :) You and Lucy are perfect together <3

    ReplyDelete