Friday, July 11, 2014

The Truth About Pit Bulls


It's amazing to me just how impressionable people are. Perception can really become reality. And I've found that many people still have the perception that pit bulls are vicious. I can see it at the dog park when someone comes in with a big pit bull, and some people just stare cautiously. I can see it at the pound with more pit bulls than any other breed there (which breaks my heart). I can see it when I tell people that Lucy is a pit bull mix, and their eyes get big. Some people just straight up ask me if she's nice. I guess this stems from the horrible people who train dogs to fight. In my opinion there is a "special" place for those people. We can't change the past, but we can try to break the stereotype by influencing others just as they have been influenced already. 


I guess I can't speak for every other dog except mine. She is predominantly pit bull mixed with all other breeds. I've heard everything from boxer, Italian greyhound, Rhodesian ridge back, and shepherd for guesses of what she is mixed with. It would be nice to know, but I love my little mutt no matter what she is! What I love most about her is her personality. She is the sweetest most good-natured dog I have ever met. She loves every dog and just about every person she meets! She does not possess one aggressive bone in her body. I truly believe the disposition of the dog really depends on the love it is given. I call for more loving and less fighting! v


1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie! It's all how they are raised and trained. :)

    ReplyDelete